Monday, November 8, 2010

Root Beer Review: Dad's



I remember really liking this root beer when I was a kid.  It was definitely different from the others in the box sampler.  First taste was a flavor explosion!  Very creamy flavor with a strong licorice-ish taste.  It had lighter carbonation than most of the others I've tried so far.  However, the taste is so strong, sometimes it came across like an almost medicinal flavor, especially toward the bottom of the bottle.  Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Sodium Benzoate (a preservative), Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors.  Grade:  B-

2 comments:

  1. Four posts in one day! I'm impressed! Shorter posts more frequently. . . maybe you're onto something.

    Have you ever tried Goose Island Root Beer? I bought a case of it at Costco, and I've been curious as to how you would review it. I won't say what I think because I wouldn't want to bias your opinion before you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I'm totally open for a guest review :)

    ReplyDelete