Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jello 123

Do you remember Jello 123?  It was an awesome Jello treat that was out in the early 90's (discontinued around 1995 I believe).  It was so good I still remember it today.  I was lucky enough to get a Christmas gift from my parents last year of a similar product called Trio Treat.   On Sunday I made my last box.  See the awesomeness below.
Trio Treat
This is the first time I've tried making them in the champagne style glasses - had to use a chopstick to get to the part in the stem.  But it looks so pretty, doesn't it?

I have also tried several recipes for Jello 123 - this is the tastiest one I've come across - though the middle layer in the separation is usually really thin.  It's a great low-cal and inexpensive treat.

Jello 123
Ingredients:
Water
1 small package Jello  (regular or sugar-free)
Ice cubes
Cool Whip Non Dairy Whipped Topping

Instructions:
Pour 3/4 cup boiling water into blender
Add Jello mix
Cover and blend at low speed for 30 seconds
Combine 1/2 cup cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/4 cups.
Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
Add 1/2 cup Cool Whip Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
Blend for 30 seconds
Pour immediately into dessert glasses (I recommend filling half full and then topping off)
Chill for 30 minutes.
Makes 3 cups.

Let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Jello 123. Sounds interesting. I'm not much of a jello fan, I'll have to ask Steve if he wants me to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete