Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mrowrr


What was that? What was that flash?  I saw something move!  I swear I did!  There it goes again!  Up on that wall!  I will use my ancient fighting technique to capture it.  Crouch, be ready to spring, and. attack!  Get it! Get it! Get it!  Okay, missed it, must be ready to strike again at any moment.  Crouch…nothing moves but my eyes.  It cannot see me coming.  I am invisible!  I am the ultimate hunter!  Attack!  You are mine you evil buzzing thing!  Mine!  Damn.  Missed it again.  But I have no fear.  I shall wait and watch and ATTTACK!  HA!  GOT IT!   Food!  Mine!  Yack.  Ick.  Not as tasty as it sounded.  But it is no longer moving.  I have conquered it!  I am still king of—what’s that?  Did I hear right?  My slave has returned!  I knew it could not live without me!  It only exists for my pleasure.  There you are my slave!  I shall forgive your absence with a dignified noise.  Oh good, it is adorned in the fur I enjoy so well.  Rub rub rub, ah such a pleasant texture.  Rub rub...What?  Raising me with your paws?  I’m no sure…oh such heaven!  Such a feel against my face and paws stroking over all the spots I like.  I suppose I shall keep this slave for its own good.  What? Putting me down already?  Walking away?  No!  The king deserves more rubbing.  More petting!  The king must be adored!  But wait!  It goes into the feeding room!  I shall sit and await the glorious instrument that reveals food fit for such royalty as I am.  I am sure if I open my eyes wide and stare long enough that the device will reveal its secrets to me.  Oh the slave blocks my view!  It does it on purpose to hide the secret—FISH!  Ohh…happy noise, fish!  The dish I am most fond of.  I smell it with my kingly senses.  I must taste it now!  I will rub against the slave’s legs until it puts it down.  Oh glorious food.  Yum Yum Yum.  Ah it’s so good I will see if I can get more petting.  No?  No?  I will stare at the slave intently until I get my way, No? Fine!  See if I ever grace you with my royal presence again.  I shall ignore you until you I go to…go to…sleep.

Written for ENG 3100 Story Prompt.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh. It reminds me of the joke: a dog thinks "this person holds me, feeds me, takes care of me - he must be a god." The cat thinks "this person holds me, feeds me, takes care of me - I must be a god."

    ReplyDelete