Thursday, January 6, 2011

Root Beer Review: Iron Horse


By the way, I didn't drink all these root beers in one day - just catching up on my reviews.
Iron Horse was very smooth - the flavor is exactly what I think of when I think of root beer.  Again, similar to A&W, but smoother.  The carbonation just flows over tongue.  If it had a little more "bite" it would be perfect.
Ingredients:  Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative) and Natural and Artificial Flavor.  Grade:  A-.

Name Origin story from the bottle:  In 1869, Central Pacific's steam engine, the Jupiter, nicknamed IRON HORSE, met Union Pacific's #119 at Promontory Peak Utah, uniting Atlantic coast with the Pacific.  Today, IRON HORSE Root Beer reaches the summit of refreshment.  It unites the highest in cool taste and rich flavor.  Get on board.  Ride IRON HORSE to the top.

1 comment:

  1. Iron horse is a wonderfully delicious root beer. When I tried it about 10 years ago, I thought it was the greatest ever. I'm not sure anymore though, but it's been years since I've had one so I couldn't say.

    ReplyDelete