Sunday, December 19, 2010

Redskins Cookie Phones (but not in that order)

This obsession with cell phones is really getting on my nerves now.  I understand how nice it is to have such communications at your beck and call (ha), but if you are at a party, MUST you be doing something on your phone every few minutes?  I was at a very nice cookie and movie party last night, and almost everyone there had their mobiles in front of them and checked them every few minutes, or would just randomly send a text.  Is keeping in communication really that important? It's one thing to have your phone out in front of you IN CASE someone calls.  But to keep fiddling with it is distracting to the people around you and makes the people around feel unimportant.  It bugs me to no end if you are out with someone and they start texting other people with no apology for interrupting your event.  AT LEAST apologize and say you'll just be a minute.  I have been on the phone end of that situation and it is AWKWARD.  Especially since I only have a cell phone (no home phone) so people always assume I'm at home am want to talk for years.  I try very hard to let the person/people I'm with know that they are more important.  Honestly, if I were the type to give parties, I might enforce a no cell phone rule.

Cookies!  Did you know Cookie Monster has been campaigning to host Saturday Night Live?  He was on briefly yesterday to sing a Christmas song with the host.  I don't think they understand how funny a Cookie Monster show could be.  Dress him up as any celebrity parody and/or have him keep getting distracted by cookies? Comedy Gold.  I brought Cadbury cookies to the party last night.  Good to try, but not enough of the chocolate flavor I crave.

Almost time for the Redskins - Cowboys game.  Even though both teams are doing great this season, I'm worried this will not be a good game.  Backup quarterback Sexy Rexy is up - I don't think Donovan McNabb has been the problem though.  However, unlike other seasons I don't have an idea what needs to be changed this season.  All the players seem to be able to do good.  Maybe that means the issue is the playbook (I know very little about the plays, so can't comment on that too much.  The 3-2-1 throwing offense does seem to make sense to me.  We shall see what happens I guess.  GO SKINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment