Monday, May 7, 2012

Home Projects

Wow I have a lot to catch up on.  I've been busy getting my new place put together to my satisfaction which has involved buying a lot of things (such as my own washer/dryer - have you seen the inside of washers now?  No agitator pole.  Much easier to load and balance everything.  See?

Nom Nom FEED ME CLOTHES!
My next goal was to buy a table and chairs - I haven't had a dining room table in years - and the last one I had we used to hold the Microwave as there was no counter space in the apartment (it is now the patio table of my old neighbors).   After visiting multiple furniture stores and sweating at how much these things cost now (my last one was $100 and it CAME with four chairs), I finally went with one on Amazon that I would have to put together myself but was EXACTLY what I wanted.

BEHOLD:

 
I can seat six people!


I can shrink to fit four people!

Look how pretty I am!

My brother Toby & I put the table and chairs together in a couple hours.  We totally rock.  

Next up on my list (that I will take advantage of T again) is putting up ceiling fans.  I've got the first two ready - waiting for the third to arrive.  I was originally planning on getting someone to do it for me but all three ceiling fans cost less than $150.  To install would cost more than twice that.  It doesn't look that hard in the instructions.   If one ends up falling out of the ceiling on me while I sleep I may change my mind about that.

Blades are white on the other side.  Why they are fake wood on the back is beyond me.


 Let me know if you want more pics of the new place!





1 comment: