Monday, October 10, 2011

Entertain Me Updates

What I'm reading:
I've been on a dry spell with reading.  I had read and liked the dystopian  Enclave by Ann Aguirre and have been trying to read her other books but just couldn't get into them.  Started Pirate King by Laurie R King yesterday and have been thoroughly enjoying it.  It's the 11th book in her Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell series.  I highly recommend the series - start with The Beekeeper's Apprentice.  Next up is a fantasy series Kim has lent me then I have gotten several freebies on Kindle to catch up on.  Just checked my library to-be-read list - 16 books!  Better start reading!

What I'm listening to:
Amazon has sucked me with a lot of MP3 sales.  I love their MP3s and they work on all my players.  Latest one to suck me in is the Ting Tings. This morning, Sugarland's Stuck Like Glue had me dancing in my chair.  Hot Chelle Rae's Tonight Tonight was the song of the summer for me.  And I finally got a good version of one of my favorite songs ever Blind Melon's No Rain.

What I'm watching:
First off, I am SO GLAD that Netflix decided not to go with Qwikster.  Still, I think I'll delete my streaming option soon as I don't use it very much.  I'm trying to clear out what I currently have on account, so I've been bingeing (how on earth do you properly spell that?) on BBC miniseries (quite liked North & South) and Doc Martin.  On TV I'm liking the new show Revenge, but it needs a little more humor. On the Internet, The Guild is doing a great comic-con season.  No movies recently, and wow, there aren't that many upcoming that I'm interested in.  I'll might go see the new Twilight movie, and maybe the Sherlock Holmes or Mission Impossible sequels.  I also kinda sorta wanna see the new Three Musketeers movie.  War Horse is the only movie that may get me in the theater, but it looks to be a quiet movie, so may be better to wait for DVD.

1 comment:

  1. Re-reading The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time!
    Listening to an audio course on Fantasy Literature (hence the Tolkien).
    Watching Mythbusters and have Invictus waiting on DVD for tomorrow.
    Love ya! Carmen

    ReplyDelete